Whether you are feeling active or just want to enjoy the company of others in pleasant surroundings, Hayes Cottage offers a variety of daily social recreational programs, designed to challenge and soothe your mind, body and spirit.
We have dedicated activity co-coordinators who work with our service users providing mental and physical stimulation. The activities are a combination of physical exercise, cognitive stimulation and emotional well being. A full schedule is always planned one month in advance so that relatives or friends may join in too.
In-house and external activities are ever growing, some of which include
- Arm Chair exercises
- Arts and Crafts
- Bedside current affairs
- Gardening Clubs
- In house farm animal visits
- Knitting and sewing classes
- Monthly themed celebration afternoons
- Pamper days including hair dressing, manicures and pedicures
- Quizzes to improve cognitive abilities
- Reminiscent board games
- Trips out to the local pub for lunches, seaside trips and trips to the zoo in nicer weather, picnics, and walks
Hayes Cottage has its own adapted minibus for the convenience of our Residents.
Our Residents also actively participate in fund raising, raffles, our annual Christmas Bazaar, Summer Fete and jumble sales, thus giving them great interaction with the local community.
Our main aim is focusing on service users’ comfort and enhancing quality of life.